Toshiba CIX IP Telephony Systems Provide Flexible Solutions For The Way Your Company Communicates
Toshiba Strata CIX communication server brings advanced telephony features to the desktop computer and provides you control of your telephone calls and voice mail directly from your desktop PC through a graphical user interface. By integrating multi-line calls and voice mail
with the Local Area Network, you can easily communicate using your PC as well as your telephone, maximizing your ability to access and share information. Depending upon your company's size and requirements, Toshiba has the right telecommunication system for you.
The Strata CIX communication server brings advanced telephony features to the desktop computer and provides you control of your telephone calls and voice mail directly from your desktop PC through a graphical user interface. By integrating multi-line calls and voice
mail with the Local Area Network, you can easily communicate using your PC as well as your telephone, maximizing your ability to access and share information. Depending upon your company's size and requirements, Toshiba has the right telecommunication system for you.
Toshiba also minimizes the long-term cost of ownership for
Strata VoIP systems. Expansion is easily accomplished with the use of industry standard open architecture hardware and software components. You can easily perform system administration and related tasks through the
use of Windows® based administration tools.
Strata VoIP system consists of a Windows NT® 4.0 server running software for the
telephony server, Microsoft SQL Server, and Strata VoIP Administrator. Stations consist of analog telephones using standard RJ11 connections and optional client workstations using Local Area Network (LAN) connectivity for graphical user-based telephone control.
Most Strata VoIP features are also accessible via the user's telephone, using the Telephone Commands prompts. Users running the optional Strata
VoIP client application in conjunction with their telephones can make and receive calls, access voice messages visually, and access
all the features of the Strata VoIP system directly from the PC workstation. The optional Strata
VoIP Client application can be installed on any Windows 2000, 98, 95, or Windows NT computer on the user's network. The Client PVoIP connect to the Strata
VoIP server via the customer's LAN.
Maximum capacity of a fully configured
Strata VoIP system is 200 trunks and 1000 stations. Trunk and station interface is accomplished by installing Intel®/Dialogic® boards in the Strata
VoIP server. Trunk interfaces support analog loop start trunks, analog Direct Inward
Dialing (DID) trunks, T1 digital trunks, E1 digital trunks, and Integrated Services Digital Network (ISDN) Primary Rate Interface (PRI). Station interfaces support analog telephones in 8-circuit, 16-circuit, and 24-circuit increments. The internet telephony interfaces support Internet Protocol (IP) calls via the integrated gateway function.
Here are some highlights of significant Strata
- Scalability - Strata VoIP is expandable from small configurations up to 96 trunks and 264 stations.
- Fault Tolerant architecture - This feature is designed to keep your telephone system up and running. If the network or your desktop PC goes down, your telephone lines will be unaffected. Even in the case of a Strata
VoIP Server malfunction or power outage, your critical telephone lines stay open.
- Multi-line call control - An easy graphical way to place calls, transfer, put on hold, send to voice mail, set up conference calls and more.
- Verbal menus - Comprehensive verbal menus guide you through all call handling and account management tasks, so you can use Strata
VoIP even without a PC.
- Full-featured voice mail - Strata
VoIP voice mail features let you create caller-specific greetings, log in remotely, and manage your voice messages graphically. You can also easily call back the person who left you a message.
- E-mail and pager notification - Receive incoming voice mail into your pager or e-mail, with or without voice mail attachments.
- Advanced caller identification - Call screening via PIN or caller ID lets you easily screen every call and message, either visually or by announcing the caller's name when you answer the telephone.
- Call recording - Record conversations or conferences.
- Smart Do Not Disturb - Send your calls straight to voice mail while letting important calls from specific individuals or groups ring your telephone.
- The Strata VoIP Web Client - Browser users can access voice mail or manage personal settings from anywhere in the world over the Internet or from non-Windows platforms in the office.
- "Follow-me" call forwarding - Call forwarding routing lists that try several locations to find you. You can set different routing lists for the callers you choose.
- Call logging - Users can see a record of his or her own calls, while giving Administrators access to the company's complete log.
- Automatic Call Distribution (ACD) - ACD lets you create call center queues, keep a call log of group activity, and use the Call Center Reporter to analyze queues, agents, hold time and more.
- Scheduled auto attendants - Change greetings and call routings to different extensions at different times of the day and days of the week.
- Built in Internet H.323 gateway - Route calls over the Internet or your intranet. Built-in Internet H.323 gateway supports Tie-lines between branch offices, and even allows your customers to call you from a web page.
- Telephone Application Programming Interface (TAPI) Service Provider and Contact Manager Assistant - Use Act!®, Outlook®, Goldmine® or other TAPI compliant applications so you can place Strata
VoIP calls and receive screen-pop identification when contacts call you.
- Extend Strata VoIP with IVR Plug-ins - Seamlessly integrate IVR and other call control applications, and pass caller input or database information to Strata
- Multi-lingual system prompts - Let users and callers select the language of their choice for Strata
VoIP's verbal commands.
- Support for Custom Local Area Signaling Services (CLASS) feature telephones - Support for caller ID displays, caller ID on Call Waiting and message waiting lights features.
Strata VoIP combines the power of the desktop computer with the most advanced communications technology available. Strata
VoIP provides a fully integrated telephone system using a single server with Private Branch Exchange (PBX) functionality, voice guided telephone user interface, Graphical User Interface (GUI) for desktop PC
integration, and is Interactive Voice Response (IVR) application ready. A Software Development Kit (SDK) allows for easy customizing of the systems for IVR applications.